July 15, 2006

It's too much stress.

Mark DelCore, the plaintiff who filed a case demanding accommodations for his stress-caused injury, tells reporters why he may not continue the lawsuit. Note: it's the man who claims a right to sunbathe nude with his dog.

"I have to decide whether the amount of energy I am spending on this makes it worthwhile."

Do people who bring frivolous lawsuits ever think about whether their consumption of public resources is worthwhile?

The dog -- whose name is Cheekies -- was not brought to court. Presumably, DelCore knew enough not to press his luck by toting Cheekies to court. But the judge must nevertheless realize that if emotional support pets are covered by policy that applies to trained service animals like Seeing Eye dogs, many stressed out witnesses and parties and perhaps even lawyers will be stroking ragged lapdogs in the courtroom.

Well, so, anyway... DelCore is stressed out about the lawsuit, perhaps because the news reports are subjecting him to ridicule. What did he expect? Perhaps, this is what he wanted. He is a bodybuilder. He could be a publicity hound. Or just a publicity rat terrier.

5 comments:

Mark Daniels said...

Q: "Do people who bring frivolous lawsuits ever think about whether their consumption of public resources is worthwhile?"

A: No.

I've written a lot about this on my blog. Three URLs: http://markdaniels.blogspot.com/2005/09/thoughts-on-911.html

http://markdaniels.blogspot.com/2005/11/why-are-we-so-litigious.html

http://markdaniels.blogspot.com/2005/11/love-of-money-and-litigiousness.html

I hope that it's okay to link to those pieces, Ann. If not, feel free to delete away.

But I think they are relevant to your question and I didn't want to type a long coment on a Saturday morning when I have lots to do.

Mark

SippicanCottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bearbee said...

Do people who bring frivolous lawsuits ever think about whether their consumption of public resources is worthwhile?

Don't lawyers act as enablers? The lawsuit against McDonalds by the overweight person who ate every day at McDonalds was another over-the-topper.

What responsibilities do they have or should they exercise in maintaining a reasonably sane system?

My comfort tapeworm and me will be at every one..

I was going to suggest a Cindy Sheehan-style hunger strike but........

Ann Althouse said...

Jay: Yeah, I think it's pretty cool. I wonder how many people click on it thinking it's real. The picture is a real giveaway, but still...

Oksana said...

To my opinion, he's doing well. Stress free life costs much more than all these lawsuites.