July 20, 2007

"The first 4 minutes I was horrified. But then as she talked and giggled and was her sweet self..."

"... I don't know - the scary outer shell seemed to melt away and her beautiful spirit shone through and she was the same sweet Tammy Faye. What a strong lady!!!"

Did you watch Tammy Faye Messner on "Larry King" last night? Here are a few minutes of video, showing the woman, horribly ravaged by cancer, yet still dolled up in her classic style, speaking about how she loves us and hopes to see us all in Heaven.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun coincidence---that this post would come up right after a post discussion scam religions.

Unknown said...

discussion --> discussing

rebel said...

OMG-that was absolutely devastating to see her look like.

I have been fortunate enough to never seen anyone so ravaged cancer.

She does sound like she has peace and is "ready" if that is the right word.

But to see her with no weight is pretty heart wrenching.

Roger J. said...

I have to admire her spirit. Hope when my time comes I have her outlook.

Cedarford said...

There was more to Tammy Faye Messner than the over-cosmeticized joke she was made out to be for 20 years. Strong grace and spirit in that lady, as she is showing on her way out.

birdie bob said...

The clip was both difficult to watch and, in some way, inspirational. When the Bakers first came to my attention I was a disaffected Episcopalian. I am now a converted Catholic and what I saw in the clip was a woman who truly has been touched by the Holy Spirit and is bearing her cross with great grace. My estimation of her increased tremendously and I pray that others are positively affected by her example. I don't know if I'm correctly expressing what I feel but perhaps my spiritual "mentor", Ruth Anne, can help me out!

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Birdie Bob: Nice.

Suffering is not at odds with the Christian walk, and can be a path to extraordinary grace, as you perceived with Tammy Faye.

Unknown said...

Tammy Faye is the quintessential fag hag. Such a shame to see her like this.