July 30, 2004

My opinion of Kerry's speech.

Too long. Too many flubs:
We will double our special forces to conduct terrorist operations ... anti-terrorist.

What does it mean when 25 percent of our children in Harlem have asthma because of hair pollution?

... it's not the story of senators and menators ...

Too many overrehearsed hand gestures. Not enough balloons. I wasn't sure how to feel without the sight of tumbling balloons to symbolize overflowing excitement. I want a President who will never ask me to sit through an hour-long speech without a plan for releasing the balloons.

UPDATE: I corrected the first of the quotes above. I had: "We will double our special forces to conduct terrorist operations ... anti-terrorist operations," but in fact Kerry did not repeat the word "operations" when he corrected himself.

No comments: