July 22, 2005

The Arguing Couple podcast genre.

Virginia Heffernan writes about podcasting in today's NYT and reveals that her favorite podcasts are just weird, interesting couples who fight each other. Nice voyeurism factor, and if the people are feisty and articulate and funny -- sure, why not listen in? Haven't we all had neighbor couples who argued all the time? At least this way you have your choice of whom to listen to and when you're in the mood for a listen. Podcasting as controlled eavesdropping.

3 comments:

Peter Hoh said...

After we got married, my wife and I got friendly with a single guy -- a fellow teacher at the school where I worked. We stayed close --- even ending up together at another school. He told us once that when any of his other married friends started to argue, he just wanted to slink out of the room. But with us, he said, "I just want to grab a bowl of popcorn and pull up a chair." I considered that high praise.

amba said...

Yeah, like you and Richard.

Unknown said...

Hi. My wife and I have a podcast. We think it is insightful and funny, but don't see how to promote it amongst people who aren't our friends. How do you do that?

Mike and Tanya's Podcast

mntpodcast.blogspot.com