June 20, 2006

Lake Path.

I walked the path along Lake Mendota today, just listening to an audiobook on my iPod and taking a few photos.

Lake path walk

Lake path walk

Lake path walk

Downtown, I had a cappuccino, then walked up Bascom Hill to the Law School. Hmmm.... a new stencil just outside the door:

Lake path walk

Great.

Anyway...

What audiobook? It's this, which I got interested in reading after stumbling across this little essay. Only afterwards did I notice that there is an ad for the book running on my blog. That's only an amazing coincidence if you don't know about all the noncoincidences you never take note of. How many things have I become interested in that are not advertised on my blog?

(And speaking of my current blog ads... I want a dumb pipe.)

12 comments:

Joseph said...

The book sound interesting. I'd be curious to hear your impression.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Do you know the meaning of Mendota?

And it just college kids bemoaning gentrfiaction... a lot of unambitious or jealous peole do also.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Carification: I meant to say "it aint just college kids bitching....."

Bissage said...

Ann: I hope you took that white tree branch with you. It's worth money.

MadisonMan said...

Mendota is a sioux name for Mouth of the River. The Ho-Chunk name for Lake Mendota, Wonk-shek-ho-mik-la, translates to "Where the man lies" -- as in sleeps.

I was biking on picnic point over the weekend (just on the trail, of course). Lake Mendota is smelling like summer. I hope the wind was not onshore, Ann.

Ann Althouse said...

Wonk-shek-ho-mik-la sounds like a string of insults.

Ann Althouse said...

There was a second stencil on a retaining wall right by the door of the law school.

Doug Sundseth said...

"There was a second stencil on a retaining wall right by the door of the law school."

But isn't a King Fish, err, a bird?

Bissage said...

Doug: Yes it is.

And not too bad a beer.

Ann Althouse said...

Fenno: Well, check it out on Audible.com. You can listen to a sample. The author reads it quite entertainingly. I'm not finding it hard. It went well with my walk. I laughed a few times and once said "wow" out loud (in the part about the experiment with the three letter sequences).

Anthony said...

Ah, thanks for the pics of the Lakeshore Path. I remember many times walking along that either back to the dorms or just to walk by the lake.

More of Picnic Point and the Terrace, please. You are the eyes and ears of us sadly displaced Badgers.

Admin said...

Dave, not cool to insult curb painting, many people including myself put ourselves through school with it.