August 16, 2006

"It was evil, evil looking. And it had a horrible stench I will never forget."

It was a "hybrid mutant of something," dead at last, after scaring the bejeezus out of the folks in Androscoggin County for 15 years, with its "chilling monstrous cries and eyes that glow in the night."
[T]he animal looked "half-rodent, half-dog" to him.

It was charcoal gray, weighed between 40 and 50 pounds and had a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips, he said. It looked like "something out of a Stephen King story."

"This is something I've never seen before. It's an evil-looking thing," he said
Monsters! They're scary! I hope they're in your county and not mine. Hmmm.... but it really wasn't very big... Come on! It was just a damned dog. A hell-hound!

UPDATE: I arrive home this evening only to find this monster on the loose in my county:

The monster!

14 comments:

tiggeril said...

I can't fault the chupacabra for wanting a lobster roll. Yum.

Bissage said...

That was no foul-smelling hybrid mutant of something. That was my wife.

*Rimshot*

But seriously folks, Maine has got crabs on its piano, but when it comes to monsters, the Pine Tree State has got some catching up to do.

You know what they say in New Jersey: Augusta couldn’t pour Trenton a bowl of blueberries for breakfast.

*Rimshot*

XWL said...

That rabbit looks a bit squirrelly to me.

Oh no, it's the horrible squirrel-rabbit hybrid!

Not the Squibbit!

(or is that Rabbrrel?)

knox said...

don't you all remember this creepy thing??? I think it turned out to be a fox with mange...

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3545312/detail.html

the video's hair-raising! : P

Unknown said...

He looks sort of wild-eyed, with pupils a mile wide. Smoking crack, I'd say.

Ron said...

I see the bunnies have been cross breeding with the dread Althousian Squirrels...now they hoard nuts AND carrots...

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Where's the neighbor's feral cat when you need it?

XWL said...

Tangential comment warning.

While visiting this thread, has anybody elses Amazon Omakase links kept turning up this fine product?

$8.99 seems a touch overpriced.

Maybe bunnies (or puppies, but not hell-hounds) are involved somehow, so possibly fitting.

SippicanCottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Althouse said...

Sip: I'm always having fun. Go back and reread all the old posts (and comments).

XWL: Actually, hell-hounds is the new slang for breasts. But really, the Omakase takes your clicking behavior into account. I've never gotten that. I've been getting serious nonfiction books.

chsw10605: Actually, the update was a test to see how long it would take for someone to bring up Jimmy. You win. Your prize is a little bunny (that you get to catch all by yourself).

Bissage said...

That was no "Sweety: Pink Glitter Hearts Pastease Pasties" fashion model. That was my wife.

*Rimshot*

But seriously folks, you learn something new every day. For me it's the lesson that hell-hounds is the new jugglies.

Lesson learned. Now, it's back to bed until tomorrow.

*Rimshot*

SippicanCottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tibore said...

"Oh, boy, a bunny rabbit! I will name him George and I will hug him and squeeze him and pat him and pet him and rub him and caress him and..."

-The "Abdominable" Snowman

Vader said...

Death to vermin.