August 17, 2006

Today's a deadline day.

So naturally, I'm reviewing my old blog posts about deadlines and trying to think up a new angle on my dangerous-relationship-with-deadlines theme.

ADDED: Anyway, just as I'm visualizing the trajectory of the day, picturing myself pounding out the sentences needed to finish the essay that's due today -- i.e., at midnight... or is it before the start of business hours tomorrow? -- email arrives to tell me what we'll be discussing on tomorrow's "Week In Review" on Wisconsin Public Radio, for which I need to be in the studio at 8 a.m. There's a long list of topics, including some very intra-Wisconsin things I hadn't noticed before. There will be a webcast that I can link to tomorrow. The Progressive's editor Matt Rothschild will be there, presumably counterbalancing me. "Week in Review" is the show I where I was pretty passionate a few weeks ago (opposite a different lefty magazine editor).

1 comment:

XWL said...

Wouldn't you like to be the token liberal for just once (you'd have to move to Utah, though).



(and, deadlines? schmeadlines!)