May 15, 2013

Drudgetaposition of the Day.


Links:
Drudge.

"LARRY PAGE: Here’s What’s Wrong With My Voice."

"Rod Stewart: Steroid 'addiction' shrank my manhood!" ("The steroids will take down the swelling in any membrane — including your k--b-- — and it’s what you do when you’re in a bit of a pinch and need to do a show and you can’t sing.")
AND: Meade read this and asked "What's 'k--b--'?" I said, "All I could think of was 'kielbasa,' but why couldn't you print it?"

I google the phrase "The steroids will take down the swelling in any membrane" to find a website that will print the unfit-to-print word. "Knob!"

What's with the dashes before and after the "b"? Damned editors. If I have to guess the word, get the dashes right. Knob. The Daily News — which is what Drudge linked — must have gotten it from The Daily Mail, which wrote "k**b," getting the asterisks in the right place... and displaying what must be the British decorousness about a word that seems more funny than dirty to an American... at least to this American. The Daily News probably just didn't know what the word was supposed to be.

30 comments:

edutcher said...

I'd ask for a retraction.

fivewheels said...

Kasbah? Kitbag?

fivewheels said...

Ah.

Bob Ellison said...

Maybe they were assuming the traditional OE spelling: knobbe.

ricpic said...

Your kaboom?

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Every picture tells a story, don't it?

gerry said...

Steroid-swallowing weightlifters suffer the same shrinkage frequently.

jacksonjay said...


Althouse Penis Periodicals will compete with Ensler Vagina Monologues.

William said...

In the case of Rod Stewart size doesn't matter. In the way that old money can drive old cars to their summer estates, old rock stars can shag their supermodel wives with shrunken genitalia.

Titus said...

I do a cycle of steroids every year for 12 weeks from end of May to beginning of July.

My workouts become more intense, I get bigger and hello? It's the summer-tanky time.

I never have had an issue with small balls though.

thanks and tits.

Moose said...

Hmm - no funny pictures like the sausage machine for Angelina Jolie's post?

Just sayin'

Moose said...

Say, popped balloons? Squashed melons?

edutcher said...

This oughta get somebody's attention:

Some of those IRS docs were used to smear the Romster last year.

3john2 said...

Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to explain to you...

Anonymous said...

Polish sausage, dull, get a Hungarian.

jr565 said...

Now we know what the line "Spend some time feeling inferior" meant in the Every Picture Tells A Story. His knob was shrunk from steroids.

jr565 said...

Some guys have all the luck.
And some guys have their knobs shrunk by steroids.

jr565 said...

Stewart doesn't wear that knob shrinkage well.

MadisonMan said...

knobbage? Knobage?

Wince said...

"I've been frozen for 30 years. I gotta see if my bits and pieces are still working. My wedding tackle. My meat and two veg, my twig and berries. Hello lads, you still awake?"

Astro said...

All these penis, vagina and sex articles really drive the web traffic here, don't they?

edutcher said...

Son of "Let's take a closer look at those breasts"?

MadisonMan said...

Let's take a closer look at that Sausage!!

Um, no.

LOL.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Is Larry Page gay?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

The first year cadets at The Citadel are collectively known as knobs.

David said...

Veal, Beef, Chicken or Pork?

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Scrolling up and down past that sausage penis is driving me a little crazy.
:)

AlanKH said...

My first reaction to seeing the right side of the Drudgetaposition image: "Man, Angela Merkel really let herself go."

Saint Croix said...

There was a joke about a butcher who walked in on his daughter masturbating with a big Italian sausage. And then he says to the customers, "you can't eat that, that's my son-in-law."

It was funny when I was 11.

Saint Croix said...

All these penis, vagina and sex articles really drive the web traffic here, don't they?

It just occurred to me that maybe Titus is actually Dan Rather, since they both have a sign off phrase.

On CBS, it's "Courage."

On Althouse, it's "Tits."